Hotmail Login: In today’s world, the number of email users are increasing by leaps and bounds. Nowadays, everyone has an email address, it might be for any official work or anything else. But having an email address is necessary but along with that it should be reliable and secure on which you can trust and keep your important messages come in and go out.
If I am talking about a trusted email service provider then nothing is better than Hotmail.com. If you don’t know let me tell you that Hotmail is a product of Microsoft, I think I don’t have to give any introduction to this company. In short, we can say that Hotmail is a popular email service provide from the popular tech giant Microsoft.
There are more than millions of Hotmail accounts present and the number is growing rapidly. But you might be thinking why Hotmail is so much popular and what makes it reliable and advanced email service provider? To find the answer to this question, you need to read this guide till the end.
I hope now you are interested in creating a Hotmail account. To create a hotmail account all you have to do is to follow the step by step procedure mentioned below:
Hotmail Login | Create Hotmail.com Sign in Account
First of all go to https://signup.live.com/ and there you will find a sign up page there.
Now fill the sign up form by entering your details like first name, last name, password, select country etc. But there you will see “User name” section, where you need to enter the username which will be the first characters of your email, for example: email@example.com. You should keep in mind that you can not change that username later in future. So think twice what will be your username.
Rest of the part is very simple where you need to enter few more details like phone number, alternate email address, gender, date of birth etc. Below you will find a CAPTCHA verification code and dialogue to “Create account”.
That’s it, you have successfully learned how you can create a free hotmail account withing 5 minutes. After the signing up for the email account, now it is time to login hotmail account and start using it.
Now login to your hotmail account, all you have to is enter www.hotmail.com and hit enter. You will be automatically redirected to the login page of hotmail and see fields to enter your email address which you have just created on the previous step. Next is you need to enter the password which you entered while signing up.
Next, you can select the “Keep me signed in” option by giving a tick. If you choose this option then you don’t need to enter you login credentials again on that same device. So hotmail login is so easy.
Sometimes you might find it difficult to login to Hotmail. The reason in most of the cases is because of you “forgot password”. Now the question is how you can retrieve the forgotten password?
The process is very simple, all you need to do is, click on the “Can’t access your account?” link and you will get option to recover your lost password and reset the password. Now, if you are like me and forget the passwords again and again then don’t worry because you can reset your password as many times you wish.
But it is always suggested remember your passwords and note them in a safe place. Because the reset procedure takes a lot of time.
So lets not waste more time and see what are the various features of Hotmail or Outlook:
Features of Hotmail Account
So, you can see all the great features which Hotmail provides you.
1. The security feature of Hotmail has increased a lot from before. Now they have introduced HTTPS protection to make all the users protected from Phishing attacks and the email receiving and sending process more secure. If you have used Gmail then you might found this feature, now it’s available in Hotmail.
2. Now using the Microsoft Office Web Apps, you can easily view, edit and share your document easily without any computer. You just have to mail the Office document to yourself and that document will be automatically saved in the Hotmail cloud storage. After that you can easily view those files whenever you want without computer.
3. Sometimes it happens that both you and your friend wants to work together on a same document, now it is possible using Hotmail. Just click on the file which is present in the senders Skydrive account. While editing the documents you can view who are editing the same document with you. Similarly you can view what are the changes made by them on that document.
4. It may be very familiar to you that, you need to edit any document which you have received and send again to the sender. On that situation, usually you download the document, edit that file and send back the document. But in Hotmail, you can edit documents online, save that and send it back to the sender easily.
5. Do you ever thought you can big files using email? Yes, it is now possible with Hotmail. Hotmail allows you to send huge files in a single files. The maximum size of the files should be 10 GB. Basically, when you send any huge file in Hotmail it automatically saved in Skydrive. So, when a user receives you email, instead of any file he/she receive a link for that file. Whenever the receiver click on that link, the download begins from that moment.
6. If you send any image to anyone, he/she will receive the image link along with he/she can also make slideshow of the images or see the preview before downloading. That all without Windows Live ID. If you have any ID then you can also share comments for that images.
7. Now you don’t have to store all your emails in a single window of inbox. In Hotmail you will find filters like Social Updates, Emails from groups and others in a single inbox.
8. On the left side of the inbox, you will find some filters, one of them is “Photos”. If you wish to see only those emails which have images then you can click on that “Photos” filter and you will the results. Along with photos there are some their filters available like “Documents”. So, finding the right emails has become much easier.
9. Whenever someone sends you any image or video link, you need to open that file link in new tab in order to watch and view it. But in Hotmail you can see the image or watch the video within the email inbox. Along with viewing images you can also make slide shows of those images easily. Not only images and videos but if anyone sent send friend request you in Hotmail and you get the notification for the same, then you can accept or reject that friend request from the Hotmail inbox itself. Very useful isn’t it?
10. Another useful feature is auto completion which you can find in Hotmail. So, whenever you type something on the search box, you will get option to select from the suggestions below. Really time saver isn’t it?
11. Sometimes we do conversation with others via email. To find all your conversations, Hotmail has the conversation filter which helps you to find the conversations which you had with others together.
12. Sometimes you might receive newsletters which are annoying or there might be some emails which you wish to read later. If you are a Hotmail user then you will get a “SWEEP” option using which you can easily move all the emails to any specific from where you can find and read those emails later on. Similarly, you can select the “delete all from..” option to delete those messages. Simple and useful.
13. In any other email service you might notice there is only SPAM folder present. But in Hotmail there are two sub-categories named as “SPAM” and “GREY MAIL”. In Grey mail you will receive newsletters or marketing email right away and on the spam folder you will receive unwanted emails or spam mails. The spam filtering is based on IP address blocking which is one of the best feature of Hotmail to prevent spammers.
14. If you are inside the Hotmail inbox, you can easily chat with your friends from there easily with them without opening any more tab or window. On the bottom left the friends list will be visible and you can see who are online and who are offline. When you will click the name of your friend, a chat box will pop up right there. So, emailing and chatting on the same inbox is more fun and easy..
15. Using the Hotmail highlight option you can see from whom you received the most emails, social updates etc, easily.
I hope you are now all set to create a Hotmail account and also know hotmail login process. You have also learned the process of how to reset your passwords if you forgot it. Now I hope you will enjoy the great features of Hotmail without any issues. Thanks for reading till the end.